Relaxation Massage Therapy
Massage therapy has helped countless people to relax in the many centuries since first developed in ancient civilizations such as China and Egypt. Massage for relaxation helps the body unwind in multiple ways, such as:
- Loosening tight or tense muscles
- Encouraging the production of substances that lower anxiety and stress
- Promoting a sense of calm through manually applied pressure
- Helping to direct blood circulation
- Helping to direct toxins out of the muscles
- Routing nutrients into the blood and muscles
There are more than 80 different styles of massage across the world. Massage for relaxation is defined as the manipulation of soft body tissues (tendons, ligaments, muscles, and connective tissue) in order to promote better health and wellbeing.
Massage can assist with pain relief, stress management, accelerated healing, and more.
Styles of Massage that Promote Relaxation
Gentle techniques allow patients to release tensions throughout the soft body tissues. These tensions may be caused by stress, anxiety, medical conditions, or injuries. Styles for relaxation massage therapy include:
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal/pregnancy massage
- Rehabilitative massage
- Myofascial massage
- Sports injury massage
There are many goals which may guide massage therapy for relaxation including:
- Pain reduction
- Release of muscle tension
- Repair of sports injuries, tissues, muscles, etc
- Unknot tightened muscles
- Release scar tissue
- Increase flexibility and range of motion
- Release adhesions
- Release nerve compression
Various techniques including kneading, percussion with stretch, resistive stretching and more may be applied to achieve relaxation goals. While a single massage has many benefits in helping clients to relax, research shows that regular massage helps to relieve current stress and also assist in managing overall stress-relief. Less stress in your life means better health mentally, physically, and emotionally.
To learn more about the many benefits of massage, learn more about our services, or to schedule an appointment, please contact A Well Kneaded Massage today.